1. THE FIRST HOUR
Ask for The First Hour and one of our experienced lawyers will:
- have a brief telephone discussion with you to arrange a conference for 1 hour and to let you know how
to organise your information and documents to prepare for the conference;
- meet with you in conference and review facts and documents, then provide you with our preliminary views and advice about your options;
- write to you after the conference to provide you with written confirmation of our preliminary views and advice and to provide you with a fixed price quote for the next stage of work (if required).
Sometimes, the conference and our preliminary views and advice is all that you will need.
The First Hour is great value at $440.00. It includes the telephone discussion, the conference and the written confirmation.
2. FIXED FEE WRITTEN QUOTES
We use Legal Project Management to define what has to be done, when it is to be done, who is to do it, the resources required and what it will cost. Being clear about these matters and our experience of legal work allows us to give you a fixed price written quote.
You are free engage Legal Projects on the basis of the quote, or to get other quotes based on the quoted work. Either way, you get certainty and peace of mind.
3. PLAIN ENGLISH COMMUNICATION
If you don’t understand what we say, you cannot make good decisions. For this reason, we make the effort to communicate the issues and the possible range of outcomes and costs, at all times. We avoid using jargon and explain things using language and concepts that you would be familiar with.
4. SPECIALISTS AT COMPLEX LEGAL PROBLEM SOLVING
We specialise in managing complex legal problems.
Complex legal problems often involve at least one of the following:
- 3 or more parties with different interests; or
- 2 or more different areas of law that apply; or
- 2 or more difficult factual issues; or
- parties who want to commence or defend legal action “on principle”; or
- where the law of a country other than Australia may apply; or
- the interpretation of ambiguous terms; or
- the analysis of information or documents involving 1 or more hours of reading and consideration; or
- am issue requiring expert evidence and opinion; or
- subject matter in excess of $25 000 in value;
- where reputation or ability to earn an income is at stake; or
- where a prosecution and penalty is likely or possible.
It is particularly important to apply Legal Project Management to complex legal problems. Failure to do so at an early stage will lead to costs blowouts, delays, unsatisfactory outcomes and unnecessary anxiety and stress.
5. LEGAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
At our first meeting we will discuss with you:
- the scope of your legal project taking into account your needs, goals, priorities and preferred outcomes;
- the timeframe for completion of the legal project;
- the team members who will do work;
- the possible and likely outcomes; and
- fees and costs.
This is part of a process we call Legal Project Management. Legal Project Management is based on the discipline of Project Management. Project Management is used in the management of any complex project. For example:
- building or renovating a house;
- setting up and running a business;
- organising a change of accomodation while managing the health issues of aging parents;
- completing a degree at university while caring for young children;
- carrying out a difficult surgical procedure.
6. LEGAL TEAMS MATCHED TO YOUR LEGAL PROJECT
The work we do requires experience, expertise, skill and organisation. We are good at what we do but don’t pretend to know it all. We source additional skill, expertise and resources when needed. We can source additional skills and expertise from anywhere in Australia. Our professional relationships, information technology tools and work systems allow us to work with interstate experts and specialists, at competitive rates.
This approach has all of the benefits of a big legal firm – high quality legal advice, resourcing to manage fast moving and complex matters, performing out of hours and weekend work – if required. However, there is no loss of the advantages of a small firm – personal service from experienced lawyers and reduced overheads leading to lower charges.
7. COSTS SAVED THROUGH UNBUNDLING
You may want, or need to do some work on your legal project yourself. This may be because it would cost too much to engage a lawyer to do it all. Or, you may feel sufficiently confident, that with some guidance and support you will be able to manage. This is where “unbundling” may be just what you require.
Unbundling means that we agree with you to do only some of the work that your legal project requires. Either you, or someone else, will do the rest of the work. The fees you pay are reduced, in some proportion to the extent of the work you do.
CONTACT US to discuss whether unbundling could work for you.